We have an abundance of fun flours in our apartment right now – quinoa flour, almond flour, coconut flour, whole wheat pastry flour – you name it, I’ve got it. Apparently I got a little overzealous at Whole Foods the other day. That said, it was time to put some of that flour to good use. Introducing Banana Nut Quinoa Muffins – delicious and vegan and gluten free, too!
- 1 & 1/2 C quinoa flour
- 1 C quinoa flakes
- 1/3 C walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 flax eggs (or 4 real eggs)
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup almondmilk
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- First, prepare your flax eggs and place them in the fridge to gel.
- Then, in a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. In a separate smaller bowl, mix mashed bananas, almondmilk, and maple syrup, then mix in gelled flax eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until more or less uniform.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans; place in the oven for 20 minutes. Fork check to test done-ness.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
These muffins are wonderful for breakfast (try chopping one of the muffins up and putting it on top of yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit) or as a portable afternoon snack. Enjoy!
More vegan and/or gluten free baked good recipes:
- Almond Butter Banana Breakfast Bars (vegan)
- Healthy Peanut Butter Power Cookies (vegan, gluten free)
- Red Lentil Granola Bars (vegan)
- Strawberry Scones (vegan)
- Vanilla Almond Biscotti (vegan)
- Vegan & Gluten Free Granola Bars (vegan, gluten free)
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins (vegan)
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze.