We have an abundance of fun flours in our apartment right now – quinoa flour, almond flour, coconut flour, whole wheat pastry flour – you name it, I’ve got it. Apparently I got a little overzealous at Whole Foods the other day. That said, it was time to put some of that flour to good use. Introducing Banana Nut Quinoa Muffins – delicious and vegan and gluten free, too!
Banana Nut Quinoa Muffins
These banana nut muffins are tasty, nutritious, and filling! They're packed with protein and sweetened with maple syrup and ripe bananas.
- 1 & 1/2 C quinoa flour
- 1 C quinoa flakes
- 1/3 C walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 flax eggs (or 4 real eggs)
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup almondmilk
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- First, prepare your flax eggs and place them in the fridge to gel.
- Then, in a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. In a separate smaller bowl, mix mashed bananas, almondmilk, and maple syrup, then mix in gelled flax eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until more or less uniform.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans; place in the oven for 20 minutes. Fork check to test done-ness.
These muffins are wonderful for breakfast (try chopping one of the muffins up and putting it on top of yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit) or as a portable afternoon snack. Enjoy!
More vegan and/or gluten free baked good recipes:
- Almond Butter Banana Breakfast Bars (vegan)
- Healthy Peanut Butter Power Cookies (vegan, gluten free)
- Red Lentil Granola Bars (vegan)
- Strawberry Scones (vegan)
- Vanilla Almond Biscotti (vegan)
- Vegan & Gluten Free Granola Bars (vegan, gluten free)
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins (vegan)
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze.