Hi guys – happy Friday! It sounds like we may have another snowy weekend ahead, so Matt and I are planning to mostly hunker down and try to get some stuff done around the house. With the new year I’ve been on a tidying and de-cluttering kick, so I want to continue to capitalize on that while it lasts! (Sidenote – has anyone else watched the Netflix Marie Kondo tidying up show? It’s really inspiring me!)
Here are some random things that I have been enjoying this week!
1) Grain salad bowls! I have a post coming soon with tips for ingredients to prep ahead of time so you are able to throw together easy lunches – stay tuned for that! I’ve had some awesome combos this week. I always forget how delicious pomegranate arils are on salads – and roasted squash, too!
2) Speaking of those awesome salad toppings: toasted nuts + seeds. Do it. It makes the flavor SO much more delicious. Toss them on a dry pan and roast for 5 to 10 minutes at about 300 degrees F – just check and stir them a couple times along the way!
3) Sweaty workouts. I’ve been craving some harder workouts lately and have been hitting a boot camp or something once per week, which feels good. I’ve been into Orange Theory so far this new year – my friend Chelsea and I went yesterday morning, and I hit a class last week, too.
5) The “lazy delicious” section of the Food + Nutrition Magazine. Brilliant! And totally how I usually cook. 😉
6) These fruit, veggie, and/or lid “huggers.” Such a great way to reduce waste from plastic wrap, foil, etc. I’m thinking of buying some larger ones to go on top of bowls, too!
7) Riese and her new favorite toys. I mean seriously – who needs legit toddler toys when you have pots, pans, and strainers?!
Have a great weekend!
What are you loving lately?
Please note this post contains affiliate links.