Hey friends! I have a super random post for you today – get ready!
1) Important question: is an instant pot worth it if we already have a slow cooker?! I’m so curious about the instant pot recipes I keep seeing popping up online! Do you guys have an instant pot? Thoughts?!
2) My late day/evening pregnancy-related nausea seems to be coming back a bit… noooo! As of the past week or two I’m starting to have a hard time with dinners again… all I want to eat is comfort food at night – burgers, fries, pizza, PB&J, and/or cereal. I’m surprised since I thought this was just a first trimester thing! It’s not nearly as bad as it was those first few months, but still. Womp, womp.
A delicious burger + perfectly crispy fries from last week at Liberty Tavern in Arlington!
Speaking of pregnancy, I’ve got a doctor’s appointment this afternoon – I haven’t been in about a month, so it will be good to check in – hopefully the baby is still growing on track! 🙂
3) I’m LOVINGGGG this gorgeous fall weather we’ve been having this week! Being pregnant in cooler temps is WAY better than hot temps, it’s official. We have our baby shower tomorrow – an outdoor co-ed shindig with a wood-fired pizza truck – and as of now the weather is looking good for it – hoping the forecast holds!
4) I’m also still loving fun workouts with these ladies!
We got in a boot camp class all together on Wednesday morning, and then just Chelsea and I hit up another one in Arlington this morning. I still really miss running, especially with this cooler weather, but I’m fortunate I can still enjoy these classes with the girls! Good to still get in the strength work, too.
I will leave you with a couple posts I enjoyed from around the web:
- Mocha Cauliflower Cold Brew Protein Smoothie – I am fascinated by the addition of cauliflower – so creative and apparently you can’t taste it at all! Must try this.
- Apple Spice Energy Bites – as we move into fall-ish weather, these sound fun! They call for apple chips so you can make a massive batch of my Spiced Baked Apple Chips and eat some on their own and use the rest for the energy bites!
Have a fabulous weekend guys!