Friends – I have a new favorite nut butter: gingerbread pecan butter. Who needs sugary cookies when you’ve got this? This is my latest McCormick partnership creation (last month’s: Vegan Kale Artichoke Dip recipe <- great for holiday parties), and I promise you’ll love it, too.
Even better is that this makes an excellent holiday gift! Whip up a batch, pop the nut butter into little mason jars, add a ribbon, et voila! Happiness, delivered. 🙂
To make this recipe, the first step is to toast the pecans in the oven. Toasting the nuts and then processing while they’re still hot makes for a much creamier nut butter that comes together easily since the oils are drawn out, so don’t skip it! Once the pecans are toasted, the rest is easy – just toss all the ingredients into a blender together! The combination of the toasted nuts, festive spices, pure vanilla extract, and molasses come together perfectly to bring out the gingerbread flavor without needing sugar. Vanilla and cinnamon in particular just scream the holidays to me!
The biggest thing to note about the food processor step of this recipe is that it takes quite awhile, so be patient! It will likely take about 10 to 15 minutes of processing for the nut butter to become smooth. Also, adding the vanilla and molasses at the beginning of the processing is important – adding water-based liquids at the end of processing will cause the nut butter to seize up and become clumpy and thick. No bueno!
The final step is to enjoy, of course! If you’re making this to give as a gift, be sure to save a little extra for yourself. It’s delicious on bread, atop oatmeal, with fruit… or simply eaten with a spoon. 🙂
Happy eating and gifting, my friends!
Thank you to McCormick for sponsoring this post! For more creative, delicious recipes, see their website.
If you missed my previous McCormick posts, check those out, too:
- Vegan Kale Artichoke Dip
- Creamy Mexican Chicken Chili Soup <— crowd favorite recently!
- Creamy Vegan Salad Dressing Recipe
- Sweet Potato Hash with Poached Eggs <—awesome brunch
- Vegan & Gluten Free Shepherd’s Pie
- Healthy Tuna Noodle Casserole <— get your 90’s on
- Spiced Baked Apple Chips Recipe <— perfect for fall!
- How to Add Flavor to Meals Without Salt or Sugar
- Lemon & Herb Fish Recipe
- Mexican Shrimp Salad Bowl
- Braised Chicken with Dried Plums, Olives & Capers <—LOVE
- How to Pickle Cucumbers Quickly at Home
- Gluten-Free Grilled Taco Wings