I’m excited to introduce my newest recipe: no bake vegan lemon bars!
I took the classic lemon bars recipe and made it vegan, but with a luscious cheesecake texture. And these bars are no bake, so there’s no need to wait for your oven to pre-heat. (That includes the crust, which is one of my old fave no bake recipes!)
Vegan Lemon Bars Recipe
I love how these turned out! The filling is incredibly easy to make, and it’s the perfect balance of creamy, sweet, and tart. The crust is nutty and buttery (without the butter, of course). It’s a dreamy combination.
I was nervous about how these would set up in the fridge and if they’d be super messy to cut, but they were perfect! They have a sort of cheesecake consistency, so I recommend eating them with a fork.
Turns out they also freeze well, too, so feel free to make an extra batch for later. 😉
If you’re eating them directly from the freezer, they’re a bit like an ice cream sandwich. They don’t freeze too hard, and you can easily eat them as finger food. You can also wait to let them thaw out if you want to eat them with that creamy texture!
No Bake Lemon Bars Ingredients
- raw cashews
- canned coconut cream (This is not the same as coconut milk. If you can’t find canned coconut cream, refrigerate a can of coconut milk and use only the solids that float on the top.)
- maple syrup
- fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
And for the no-bake crust:
- raw nuts (walnuts, almonds, or cashews. Or a mix!)
- pitted dates
- rolled oats
- coconut oil
How to Make Lemon Bars Vegan
How to Store Lemon Bars
- Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Pumpkin
- Zucchini Muffins with Lemon
- Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins
- No Bake Blueberry Custard Pie
- Vegan Strawberry Scones
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 recipe No-Bake Vegan Pie Crust (linked in notes)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream*
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the cashews in a heat-safe bowl and pour enough boiling water over to cover the cashews. Let sit for 1 hour. (Alternatively: use room-temperature water and let soak overnight.)
- Meanwhile, prepare Vegan No-Bake Pie Crust recipe as directed and press into an 8 or 9-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave edges of parchment paper that come up the sides of the pan to make it easier to lift the bars out of the pan.
- Drain the cashews and place in a blender with the remaining ingredients (coconut cream through salt). Blend until completely smooth, then pour over the prepared crust. Smooth with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the bars overnight to set up, or freeze for at least 3 hours. Bars can be served refrigerated, frozen, or thawed.
Use this No-Bake Vegan Pie Crust recipe to make the crust for these lemon bars.
*Coconut cream is not the same as coconut milk. If you can't find canned coconut cream, refrigerate a can of coconut milk and use only the solids that float on the top, discarding or using the liquid for another recipe.