I know there are a ton of gift guides floating around out there right now, but I figured it would be fun to add my own to the mix. Enjoy – and just a note that some affiliate links are included. Regarding my Brooks favorites, stay tuned – I’ll be doing a Brooks stocking stuffer giveaway in a week or so that will include links to my fave gear as well!
For The Runner/Fitness Lover
- Oakley Urgency Women’s Sport Sunglasses – best sunglasses ever. Love them for workouts (they stay on well for runs) AND I wear them basically every day all day, too.
- Nathan Intensity Vest – my go to for staying hydrated on the (long) run. Love the pockets in front – great for your phone and fuel! Extremely comfortable and no chaffing, either.
- Borrow their favorite race bib, copy it, and have it turned into race bib coasters! Caitlin gifted this to me (as a gift certificate) for a blogger secret Santa last year and I turned my Richmond Marathon bib into coasters – too cool!
- Along the same lines, a race bib holder and/or a race medal holder. I have similar ones up in my office. 🙂 They are overflowing, which is exciting!
- Garmin Forerunner 910xt GPS Watch – I wear this for every run and love it! User friendly and a nice large, clear screen. It is pricey but it’s worth it. For a cheaper option, check out the Garmin Forerunner 15.
- Zensah Compression Socks and/or CEP Compression Sleeves. I wear the socks around the house after runs, and the sleeves (which are tighter but thinner) during long runs. They’ve really helped me with shin splint/ankle/calf tightness issues.
- VIMMIA leggings – LOVE their leggings, such fun patterns! I always get compliments on them. Use code vimmiaanne for 15% off!
- SPIbelt – I wear this on shorter runs when I don’t have my water vest along for the ride. Great for holding your phone/keys/money/whatever, and stays put nicely!
- Foam Roller – A must for any runner. Using this daily has made a huge difference in recovery/soreness for me! For travel, try The Stick – there are a variety of sizes and it’s more portable.
- BodyGlide Original Anti-Chafe Balm – Great to prevent chafing during long runs.
- Paradice Ice Packs/Cuffs – I have had these for years and love them – I have two knee sleeves and two ankle ones. Both Matt and I use them all the time! So superior to our previous frozen pea icing method. 🙂
- Sweaty Bands Elastic Sports Headbands – Among the very few headbands I’ve found that actually stay put on my head. Tons of cute colors/designs, too! Love the chevron ones!
- A new yoga mat – this Jade Yoga Mat is my absolute favorite. No slip! If you want a good gift for someone who does a lot of hot/heated yoga, consider a yoga towel – I have and love this Yoga Towel.
For The Cook/Foodie
For the office warrior: a cute bento lunchbox (here’s a stainless steel bento lunchbox) and/or these cute eco-friendly reusable sandwich/snack bags (dishwasher safe)!
Nourish Snacks <—LOVE their snacks. Use this affiliate link for $10 off $25+ purchases!
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker – We got this as a wedding gift and it’s my favorite thing in our kitchen. I use it every day! Another thing 100% worth the splurge is the Nespresso Aeroccino Plus milk foamer. It warms AND foams your milk (or you can have it just foam and keep the milk cold). So awesome. We also have the Nifty Nespresso Carousel, which holds our capsules – cute and functional! I also recently heard about Gourmesso, which sells compatible espresso capsules that fit in the Nespresso for 30% off Nespresso pricing. I’m going to check them out!
Keurig Home Brewing System – This is Matt’s favorite thing in our kitchen! It’s super simple to use and makes great (and quick) coffee and tea! You can also buy a reusable K-cup so you can use your own loose leaf tea or ground coffee. If you already have a Keurig, a K-cup carousel is a fun addition.
Garlic Press – We use this at least a few times a week. Easy and much less messy way to mince fresh garlic.
Combination Wine Pourer and Stopper – Keep wine fresh and look fancy while pouring it, too.
Immersion Blender – Love not having to transport liquids to a blender to blend them!
Cookbooks: I love Clean Food, the True Food Cookbook, and a fun one that came out recently that I’m putting on my Christmas list is the Thug Kitchen Cookbook (Eat Like You Give a F*ck!).
A couple plugs for friends who have awesome books too: Choosing Raw and HIIT IT! Fitnessista’s Get More From Less Workout and Diet Plan to Lose Weight and Feel Great Fast (<—on pre-order now. I helped to edit/review the book so I already know it is AMAZING, and very intuitive eating friendly!
What’s on your holiday wish list?