I’m always in the mood for Mediterranean flavors (especially feta cheese), and these Mediterranean stuffed peppers with chicken really hit the spot!
Soft-roasted bell peppers are filled with chicken, spices, tomatoes, olives, chickpeas, quinoa, and feta for a delicious, flavorful meal.
Chicken Stuffed Peppers with Feta
I love stuffed peppers. They’re surprisingly easy to toss together, but somehow end up looking fancy!
This recipe is gluten free, and can be made vegetarian by just omitting the chicken. There’s plenty of filling in these even without the meat, and the chickpeas will provide protein!
I like to serve these Mediterranean stuffed peppers alongside a side salad or roasted vegetables and crusty bread.
This recipe saves time by using pre-cooked/rotisserie chicken, so it’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal that’s mostly hands-off.
That said, if you don’t have any cooked chicken on hand, you can cook frozen chicken breasts in your Instant Pot. You can save even more time if you already have some cooked quinoa on hand, too!
Stuffed Peppers Ingredients
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- bell peppers (any color, but larger ones are best so you have space for filling!)
- shredded rotisserie/cooked chicken
- canned chickpeas
- canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- kalamata olives
- feta cheese
- dried oregano
- fresh parsley
If you can’t find fire-roasted canned tomatoes, regular canned diced tomatoes will work too. Also, I know not everyone loves kalamata olives, so feel free to leave those out if you prefer!
Here are more delicious recipes with bell peppers to try!
How to Make Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
Start by cooking the quinoa according to the package instructions (unless you’re using pre-cooked quinoa). Then, cook the onion and garlic over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil until the onion is translucent.
Next, stir in the pre-cooked chicken, chickpeas, and quinoa. Add in canned tomatoes, oregano, olives, parsley, and salt & pepper to taste and stir well to combine.
Once the filling is warm and well-mixed, slice your bell peppers in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, then stuff each pepper with the filling mixture.
Depending on how full you prefer the peppers, you can use 2 or 3 bell peppers here (4 or 6 pepper halves).
Then, arrange the stuffed peppers into a baking dish. (If making ahead, you can refrigerate the peppers overnight at this step until ready to cook the next day.)
Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes. Once the peppers are tender, remove from the oven, sprinkle with feta and additional parsley, and dig in!
I hope you get a chance to try these easy stuffed peppers! They’re totally delicious and packed with refreshing flavors.
You’ll find the full Mediterranean stuffed peppers recipe at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite Mediterranean-inspired meal? Let me know in the comments!
And for more tasty dinner ideas with chicken:
- Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
- Saucy Chicken with Artichokes and Tomatoes
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried “Rice” with Quinoa
- Garlic Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce
- 2-3 large bell peppers, sliced in half vertically and seeds removed
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives (chopped and pitted)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and garlic over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in chicken, chickpeas, and cooked quinoa. Add in canned tomatoes, oregano, olives, parsley, and salt & pepper to taste. Stir well to combine.
- Stuff each pepper half with the filling mixture. Depending on how full you prefer the peppers, you can use 2 or 3 bell peppers here (4 or 6 pepper halves).
- Arrange the stuffed peppers in a baking dish. Cover the top of the dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes. Once the peppers are tender, remove from the oven and sprinkle with feta and additional parsley.
If making this dish ahead, you can refrigerate the filled peppers in the baking dish overnight until you're ready to cook the next day.