How to Cook Frozen Chicken in an Instant Pot
How Long to Cook Frozen Chicken in an Instant Pot
Set your Instant Pot to the manual setting on high pressure, and cook for 10 minutes.
At this point, the Instant Pot should have built to high pressure (this generally takes about 10 minutes) and finished counting down. Turn off your Instant Pot and let the steam release naturally for about 5 minutes.
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Recipe Ideas
There are so many ways to switch up this base recipe with different flavors! Here are a few ideas:
- Add taco seasoning and substitute jarred salsa or enchilada sauce for the liquid.
- Season with ground or fresh grated ginger and add substitute soy sauce for 2 tablespoons of the liquid.
- Season with pretty much any spice blend for instant flavor: Italian seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, Cajun seasoning, etc.
- Add peeled garlic cloves and fresh herb sprigs like thyme and rosemary.
What to Make With Shredded Chicken
I absolutely love having a bunch of cooked, shredded chicken ready to go during the week! There are so many quick and healthy meals you can make. Here are some of my favorites:
- Mix & Match Grain Salad Bowl Recipes
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Mexican Lasagna
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans (this particular recipe is vegan, but tossing some shredded chicken on top would be delicious!)
- Chicken White Bean Chili Soup
- Mix & Match Healthy Sandwich Recipes
For even more ideas, feel free to check out my round-up of 11 easy meals you can make with rotisserie/cooked chicken.
And here’s some more recipe ideas to make in your Instant Pot:
The full recipe/instructions are below. I hope it makes meal prep easier for you!
- 2 lb frozen chicken breasts (I used 4 small/medium chicken breasts that were about 8 oz each)
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Place the frozen chicken breasts, seasonings, and chicken broth or water in the Instant Pot insert (no need to use the rack in the bottom).
- Put the lid on and turn the pressure release valve to seal.
- Set the Instant Pot to the manual setting on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- After the Instant Pot has built to high pressure (which usually takes about 10 minutes) and finished counting down, turn off and let the steam release naturally for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the pressure release valve to release any additional pressure, then remove the lid.
- Drain the extra liquid and shred the cooked chicken with two forks.