These Mediterranean Sweet Potato Hummus Bites make a flavorful and easy gluten free and vegetarian appetizer for summer entertaining. Thank you to Sabra for sponsoring this post!
When the weather warms up, one of my favorite things to do is dine al fresco with friends. Setting out Sabra hummus with veggies and crackers for dipping is always a hit, but it’s fun to switch it up sometimes too! Enter: these gluten free and vegetarian sweet potato rounds topped with savory hummus, tomatoes, basil, and feta.
National Hummus Day is on Saturday, and these would be the perfect way to celebrate – just sayin’!
Sabra offers a ton of different hummus flavors (I tried pretty much all of them at their headquarters in Richmond – I know, rough life), but their roasted garlic hummus works beautifully with all the Mediterranean flavors going on in these bites. Not a huge garlic fan? No worries – the less garlicky classic hummus will also do the trick. 🙂
With just 6 ingredients, you’ve got an easy but impressive-looking appetizer that has the whole sweet-savory-salty thing going on – my kind of recipe! Hummus also boasts plant protein, fiber, and iron, making this appetizer both nutrition-packed AND delicious. Win/win. 🙂
Here’s the full recipe! You know my favorite kinds of recipes are the flexible ones, and this one fits the bill – don’t stress about exact measurements, it’s hard to mess this one up. 😉
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch rounds (my sweet potatoes were about 6" long and cut into ~10 slices each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, as needed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potato slices with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for about 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, toss together the tomatoes, feta, basil, remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread a small spoonful of hummus (~1 teaspoon or so) onto each sweet potato round, then top with about a tablespoon of the tomato mixture and serve!
Check out some of my other favorite recipes for summer entertaining, too!
- Spicy Hummus Queso Dip (another Sabra recipe!)
- Healthy Deviled Eggs
- Salmon with Lemon Mustard Dill Sauce
- Lemony Spinach Quinoa & Bean Salad
- Strawberry & Fennel Barley Salad
- Healthier Seven Layer Dip
- Watermelon Rosemary Popsicles
What’s your favorite way to use hummus for entertaining? Do you like to get creative or stick to the classic hummus & dippers?