This savory Pumpkin Dip Recipe is delicious, healthy, and comes together in just 5 minutes.
It’s autumn, and you know what that means: it’s pumpkin season! There are lots of yummy sweet pumpkin recipes out there, but I wanted to do something a little different. So I decided to come up with a savory pumpkin dish. That’s how this recipe came to be. 🙂
Packed with protein from the beans and nutrients from the pumpkin, it’s a huge hit at parties and nice to serve something a little more creative than standard hummus.
Savory Pumpkin Dip
I love how easy this recipe is, and how perfect it is for fall! All you have to do is toss all the ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth.
Essentially, it’s like hummus, but infused with pumpkin flavor. Yum! Of course, it’s perfect for holiday gatherings, but it also makes a great afternoon snack with some crunchy veggies or pita chips.
If you’re craving a sweet pumpkin recipe, I’ve got you covered: my gluten-free spiced pumpkin pancakes are perfect for breakfast in the fall!
Pumpkin Dip Ingredients
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- canned pumpkin (make sure it’s plain/pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling)
- canned black beans (rinsed)
- canned cannellini beans (rinsed)
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- cumin (this gives it a delicious rich, smoky flavor!)
- salt & pepper to taste
This dip is easy to make ahead, and very portable. Just keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. It goes well with all sorts of things: tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, veggies, or whatever you like!
You’ll find the full savory pumpkin dip recipe at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for more tasty pumpkin and fall-inspired recipes? Check these out:
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (or Bread)
- Butternut Squash Parmesan Biscuits
- Savory Sweet Potato Casserole
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Savory Cranberry Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 C (overflowing) canned pumpkin
- 1 C black beans (rinsed)
- 1/2 C cannellini beans (rinsed)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp cumin (this totally made the dip!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Toss it all into a food processor and whirl away!
- Keep refrigerated until ready to par-tay, then serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, veggies, or whatever you like!