This savory Pumpkin Dip Recipe is delicious, healthy, and comes together in just 5 minutes.
It’s autumn, and you know what that means: it’s pumpkin season! There are lots of yummy sweet pumpkin recipes out there, but I wanted to do something a little different. So I decided to come up with a savory pumpkin dish. That’s how this recipe came to be. 🙂
Packed with protein from the beans and nutrients from the pumpkin, it’s a huge hit at parties and nice to serve something a little more creative than standard hummus.
Looking for another tasty dip recipe? Check out this spicy hummus queso dip.
Savory Pumpkin Dip
I love how easy this recipe is, and how perfect it is for fall! All you have to do is toss all the ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth.
Essentially, it’s like hummus, but infused with pumpkin flavor. Yum! Of course, it’s perfect for holiday gatherings, but it also makes a great afternoon snack with some crunchy veggies or pita chips.
If you’re craving a sweet pumpkin recipe, I’ve got you covered: my gluten-free spiced pumpkin pancakes are perfect for breakfast in the fall!
Pumpkin Dip Ingredients
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- canned pumpkin (make sure it’s plain/pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling)
- canned black beans (rinsed)
- canned cannellini beans (rinsed)
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- cumin (this gives it a delicious rich, smoky flavor!)
- salt & pepper to taste
For another delicious dip recipe, try this easy roasted beetroot hummus!
How to Make this Fall Dip Recipe
Throw all the ingredients into a food processor, and whirl away!
You may need to use a spoon or spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor intermittently, to make sure everything is equally combined.
If your food processor is too small to fit everything at once, you can puree the ingredients in batches, then combine them once pureed.
Lastly, spoon the dip into a bowl. Feel free to add an extra drizzle of olive oil on top if desired.
Arrange tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, and veggies (or whatever you like!) around the bowl and serve!
Can I make this ahead of time?
This dip is easy to make ahead, and very portable. Just keep it refrigerated in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve.
You’ll find the full savory pumpkin dip recipe at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for more tasty pumpkin and fall-inspired recipes? Check these out:
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (or Bread)
- Butternut Squash Parmesan Biscuits
- Savory Sweet Potato Casserole
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Orange Juice
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Savory Cranberry Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 C (overflowing) canned pumpkin
- 1 C black beans (rinsed)
- 1/2 C cannellini beans (rinsed)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp cumin (this totally made the dip!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Toss it all into a food processor and whirl away!
- Keep refrigerated until ready to par-tay, then serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, veggies, or whatever you like!