This easy Smoked Salmon & Veggie Frittata recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy make-ahead breakfast you can enjoy all week. Great for brunch parties, too!
And, it’s super easy to make! Just chop up the ingredients, briefly saute your veggies, dump them into a casserole dish with some cheese, whisked eggs + milk, and bake. Voila – you have a pretty dish that also tastes delicious.
I love the mix of flavors and all the veggies in this egg casserole recipe! It’s easy enough to throw together for a breakfast that you can eat all week, but impressive enough to serve guests at a brunch party. My kind of meal!
See the video in this post for just how easy it is to make, too. The video shows another variation with bacon instead of smoked salmon!
Smoked Salmon & Veggie Egg Casserole
To make, first chop your veggies. Feel free to get creative with which veggies you use based on what you have on hand! A few of my faves for frittatas are: zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, and peas (frozen or fresh).
You can either add the veggies in raw, or quickly saute them first in a little oil with salt and pepper to soften them up.
Toss your veggies in a casserole baking dish (the one used for these photos is 11 x 7 and about an inch deep), then add some crumbled feta or goat cheese on top.
Whisk together the eggs with salt & pepper and your milk (dairy or non-dairy). Pour over your veggies + cheese. Add the chopped smoked salmon on top, or bacon is great here too.
Bake at 350 for 25 – 35 minutes, or until cooked through with a golden brown crust.
I promised it was simple! Plus, if you aren’t cooking for a crowd, it makes yummy leftovers for weekday breakfasts.
You can definitely mix & match different vegetables, cheeses, and/or herbs, or leave out the smoked salmon/bacon if you prefer. This is a great way to use up any extra veggies in your fridge!
Here’s a step-by-step video guide for making this easy egg casserole (the bacon variation) – and the full recipe is below.
Here’s the full smoked salmon & veggie egg casserole recipe:
- 3 cups veggies, chopped (I recommend bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, and/or peas)
- 1/2 C spinach, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 C feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C smoked salmon or bacon, chopped (optional but yummy)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to top casserole (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute chopped veggies with a little olive oil in a pan over medium high heat for a few minutes, until just softened.
- Pour veggies into your baking pan (the one used here is 11x7 and about an inch deep), and top with crumbled cheese.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl, whisk, add your milk, then pour the mixture over the veggies/cheese.
- Add your chopped smoked salmon or bacon on top.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until cooked through with a golden brown crust. A fork or knife inserted should come out clean.
- Top with fresh basil, if desired. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other favorite brunch recipes perfect for feeding a crowd: