This easy Smoked Salmon & Veggie Frittata recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy make-ahead breakfast you can enjoy all week. Great for brunch parties, too!
And, it’s super easy to make! Just chop up the ingredients, briefly saute your veggies, dump them into a casserole dish with some cheese, whisked eggs + milk, and bake. Voila – you have a pretty dish that also tastes delicious.
I love the mix of flavors and all the veggies in this egg casserole recipe! It’s easy enough to throw together for a breakfast that you can eat all week, but impressive enough to serve guests at a brunch party. My kind of meal!
Smoked Salmon & Veggie Egg Casserole
To make, first chop your veggies. Feel free to get creative with which veggies you use based on what you have on hand! A few of my faves for frittatas are: zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, and peas (frozen or fresh).
You can either add the veggies in raw, or quickly saute them first in a little oil with salt and pepper to soften them up.
Toss your veggies in a casserole baking dish (the one used for these photos is 11 x 7 and about an inch deep), then add some crumbled feta or goat cheese on top.
Whisk together the eggs with salt & pepper and your milk (dairy or non-dairy). Pour over your veggies + cheese. Add the chopped smoked salmon on top, or bacon is great here too.
Bake at 350 for 25 – 35 minutes, or until cooked through with a golden brown crust.
I promised it was simple! Plus, if you aren’t cooking for a crowd, it makes yummy leftovers for weekday breakfasts.
You can definitely mix & match different vegetables, cheeses, and/or herbs, or leave out the smoked salmon/bacon if you prefer. This is a great way to use up any extra veggies in your fridge!
Here’s the full smoked salmon & veggie egg casserole recipe:
- 3 cups veggies, chopped (I recommend bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, and/or peas)
- 1/2 C spinach, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 C feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C smoked salmon or bacon, chopped (optional but yummy)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to top casserole (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute chopped veggies with a little olive oil in a pan over medium high heat for a few minutes, until just softened.
- Pour veggies into your baking pan (the one used here is 11x7 and about an inch deep), and top with crumbled cheese.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl, whisk, add your milk, then pour the mixture over the veggies/cheese.
- Add your chopped smoked salmon or bacon on top.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until cooked through with a golden brown crust. A fork or knife inserted should come out clean.
- Top with fresh basil, if desired. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other favorite brunch recipes perfect for feeding a crowd: