Well, it’s official. Everything is better in muffin form:
Yes. Savory muffin success!
These are easy, healthy, and incredibly delicious. I think I need to have a brunch party just so I can make these for everyone! They would be great for a quick on the go breakfast or packable lunch, too.
Scrambled Egg Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 C chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 C skim milk
- 1/3 C spelt flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/4 C 2% grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
*Preheat oven to 350.
1) Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
2) Add the rest of your ingredients and mix it all together!
3) Add spoonfuls of the mixture to a cooking sprayed or nonstick muffin tin. I used a 1/4 C measuring cup to transfer it since it’s very liquid-y!
4) Pop them in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Fork check to make sure they are done.
Are you drooling yet?
‘Cause I am.
I had a couple for dinner last night along with a big salad. Dessert? I think you can probably guess.
I know. I have a problem 😉
p.s. Have you entered my Barney Butter almond butter giveaway yet? You have until tomorrow (Tuesday) at 5 p.m. EST!
p.p.s. Guess who I met for lunch today? Emily from The Front Burner!
She’s moving to DC in a month and is up here with her husband looking for housing. We were chatting via Twitter, discovered that I was heading out to run errands in the same area of Virginia she was looking to explore… and an impromptu lunch date was born. Emily is really cool and it was fun showing her around the area — so sad she’s moving here just as I’m leaving! We got frozen yogurt for dessert — loving the new place Red Mango that has opened up in Clarendon! And yes… I went there yesterday, too. 😉
So anyway, I should probably rename this blog “Muffins and FroYo” huh? Hehe