This is one of my very favorite dinners. It’s quick and easy to make and the fish comes out moist and flaky with a crunchy crust.
- 1 C sliced almonds, divided in two parts
- 1/4 C regular or whole wheat flour
- 4 (6 oz) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter (optional)
1. Finely chop almonds (either by hand or with a food processor/blender) and combine half of them (1/2 C) with 1/4 C flour in a shallow bowl.
2. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt; dredge in almond/flour mixture.
3. Add the olive oil (and butter, if using) to a large heavy skillet over medium heat; add fish and cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove fillets to a serving plate.
4. Add remaining 1/2 cup almonds to skillet and cook, stirring often, 1 minute or until golden brown. Remove almonds and sprinkle over fish. This is so amazing — the almonds get sooo toasty, crunchy, and delicious!