This Almond Crusted Tilapia recipe is one of my very favorite dinners. It’s quick and easy to make and the fish comes out moist and flaky with a crunchy crust. It’s a great recipe for people who “don’t like fish” – I promise you’ll win them over! I also highly recommend trying it topped with Black Bean Olive Salsa as a variation!
Almond Crusted Tilapia
- 1 C sliced or slivered almonds, divided in two parts
- 1/4 C ground flaxseed (or flour – any kind)
- 4 (6 oz) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (or 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter)
1. Finely chop almonds (or buy them pre-chopped) and combine half of them (1/2 C) with the ground flaxseed or flour in a shallow bowl.
2. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt; dredge in almond/flaxseed or flour mixture.
3. Add the olive oil (and butter, if using) to a large heavy skillet over medium heat; add fish and cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove fillets to a serving plate.
4. Add remaining 1/2 cup almonds to skillet and cook, stirring often, 1 minute or until golden brown. Remove almonds and sprinkle over fish. The almonds get really crunchy and toasty – so good!
Want more easy fish/seafood recipes that will win over even fish haters? Give these a shot:
- Black Pepper Crusted Yellowfin Tuna
- Caribbean Shrimp Quinoa Salad (gluten free)
- Lemon and Herb Fish
- Mussels in Creamy Tomato Fennel Broth
- Pesto Baked Salmon with Veggies
- Roasted Salmon with Watermelon Salsa (gluten free)
- Seared Scallops with White Beans and Spinach
- Shrimp, Cucumber, and Feta Orzo Salad
- Tilapia en Papillote