Did you know it’s super easy to cook frozen cauliflower (and tasty, too) by roasting it?
Frozen veggies last a lot longer than fresh produce, and they’re just as nutritious. And roasting them gets them much crispier and more delicious than steaming or microwaving them!
(See also: How to Love Veggies)
Cauliflower especially is a super easy side dish with neutral flavor. It goes well with anything: salmon, chicken, tofu, other veggies, quinoa, you name it! You can even throw it in a taco (like my vegetarian jackfruit carnitas tacos!).
How to Roast Frozen Cauliflower
Roasting cauliflower from frozen doesn’t take much prep time. (And no, you don’t even have to thaw it – awesome, right?!)
Here are the main steps:
- Pull veggies from the freezer
- Toss with oil + seasoning (I also recommend adding a pinch of red pepper flakes & dried thyme)
- Roast them in the oven until slightly crispy
As for seasoning, you can use seasoning salt, Italian seasoning, or really any other spice! Because cauliflower has a pretty neutral flavor, it takes on the flavor of its seasonings and/or whatever it’s cooked with. That’s what makes it so versatile!
Recipe Ideas for Cauliflower
Here are some of my favorite recipes to eat with roasted cauliflower:
- Orange Ginger Salmon
- Mix & Match Pasta Dishes
- Tomato, Basil & Garlic Chicken
- Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
- Marinated Tofu
If you have a ricer, you can even make some cauliflower rice and enjoy it in stuffed peppers. Yum!
And now, here’s the recipe/instructions for how to cook frozen cauliflower. Enjoy!
- How to Roast Frozen Vegetables (+ Recipe Ideas!)
- How to Roast Frozen Broccoli
- 5 Ways to Encourage Infants to Eat More Vegetables
- How to Cook Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- How to Cook Frozen Asparagus
What’s your favorite dish to make with cauliflower? Let me know in the comments!