“Cheesy” Vegan Mushroom Quinoa
Serves 3 as a main dish; 6 as a side dish
Packed with nutrition and a garlicky cheese flavor, this vegan recipe will even please carnivores.
- 1/2 C uncooked quinoa
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 baby bok choy, chopped
- Handful washed kale leaves, stems removed (optional)
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt & cracked pepper to taste
1) Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2) In a large wok or pan, add the coconut oil, bok choy, kale, mushrooms, beans, and the garlic powder and coriander. SautÃ© over medium heat a few minutes, or until kale is wilted and the mushrooms and bok choy are softened.
3) Add cooked quinoa and nutritional yeast into the wok and stir. Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.
Be sure to check out the original post with lots more photos/commentary: “Cheesy” Vegan Mushroom Quinoa.