This “Cheesy” Vegan Mushroom Quinoa packs a ton of savory flavor thanks to nutritional yeast, mushrooms, and coriander. It’s hearty enough to satisfy meat-eaters, but totally vegan and veggie-packed!
“Cheesy” Vegan Mushroom Quinoa
Serves 3 as a main dish; 6 as a side dish
- 1/2 C uncooked quinoa
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 baby bok choy, chopped
- Handful washed kale leaves, stems removed (optional)
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt & cracked pepper to taste
1) Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2) In a large wok or pan, add the coconut oil, bok choy, kale, mushrooms, beans, and the garlic powder and coriander. SautÃ© over medium heat a few minutes, or until kale is wilted and the mushrooms and bok choy are softened.
3) Add cooked quinoa and nutritional yeast into the wok and stir. Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.
If you like this recipe, try some of my other satisfying vegan dishes, too: