These are easy, healthy, and incredibly delicious. Not to mention cute! Make them for a brunch party or enjoy them as an easy on-the-go breakfast, lunch, or dinner
(makes 12 muffins)
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 C chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 C skim milk
- 1/3 C spelt flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/4 C 2% grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Optional add-ins: 1/4 C of either cooked bacon (crumbled) or smoked salmon, chopped
*Preheat oven to 350.
1) Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
2) Add the rest of your ingredients and mix it all together!
3) Add spoonfuls of the mixture to a cooking sprayed or nonstick muffin tin. I used a 1/4 C measuring cup to transfer it since it’s very liquid-y!
4) Pop them in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Fork check to make sure they are done.
If you want to drool, click here to check out my original post with lots more pictures!