These Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars are amazing. They taste like apple crisp! You won’t even know they’re “healthy”.
Whenever fall rolls around, I start dreaming of apple cinnamon. It’s the perfect autumn flavor combo (besides pumpkin spice, of course!). These bars are perfect to fill that craving!
They’re simple to make, perfect for a fall snack, and easily portable. You can make a big batch ahead of time and have them ready to grab and go.
Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars
This recipe is essentially my simple baked oatmeal, but jazzed up with seasonal autumn flavors. Think of them as granola bars, only softer and chewier.
Baked Apple Cinnamon Bars Ingredients
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Dry ingredients:
- whole wheat pastry flour (make sure it’s pastry flour – regular whole wheat flour will make the bars super dense)
- walnuts (chopped)
- ground flaxseed
- brown sugar
- Wet ingredients:
- apples (chopped)
- unsweetened applesauce
- milk (or non-dairy milk, whatever you prefer!)
- vanilla extract
How to Make Baked Oatmeal Bars
These are super simple to make. Basically, you just combine all the ingredients, pour into a baking pan, then bake!
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Then, add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until well mixed.
Pour the mixture into a non-stick or greased baking pan (I used 7 x 11, but most sizes should work!). I like to add a sprinkle of raw oats on top to make the bars prettier, but you do you!
Next, bake for about 30 minutes. Use a fork or toothpick to check for done-ness – it should come out mostly clean when ready. Lastly, cut into bars and enjoy!
You can eat these right away or store in an airtight container until you’re ready to eat. They make a great healthy breakfast or tasty power snack!
You’ll find the full baked apple cinnamon oatmeal bars recipe at the end of this post.
Looking for more healthy snack ideas? I’ve got you covered:
- Cheesy Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza Bar
- Vegan Gluten Free Granola Bars
- Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Quinoa Bars
- No Bake Homemade Granola Bars with Peanut Butter
- Healthy Rhubarb Strawberry Bread
- Vegan Zucchini Muffins with Lemon
- Lemon Avocado Hummus
- Sweet Potato Muffins with Coconut
- 1.5 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 and 1/3 C oats
- 1/3 C walnuts
- 1/4 C ground flaxseed
- 1/4 C raisins
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1 C milk (or non-dairy substitute)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. In two separate bowls, mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring until mixed. Add mixture to a non-stick or sprayed baking pan (mine was 7 x 11, but use whatever you like). Don’t forget to add a sprinkle of raw oats on top to make it look pretty!
- Bake about 30 minutes; fork check to test done-ness.