If you love honey mustard dipping sauce, you’ll absolutely love this creamy homemade version! It’s packed with flavor – sweet, savory, and tangy all at once.
This simple honey mustard sauce is so easy to whip up – all you need are a few ingredients and a small bowl.
Sweet & Tangy Homemade Yogurt Sauce
This isn’t your everyday, run-of-the-mill honey mustard sauce. It’s better for you (thanks to the Greek yogurt and apple cider vinegar!), but tastes just as delicious.
It’s tangy, super creamy, and packed with flavor – pus it comes together really quickly. All my favorite traits in a homemade dipping sauce recipe!
Looking for another delicious and easy homemade sauce recipe? Try this avocado crema with lime!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy homemade dipping sauce:
- plain greek yogurt (I recommend getting full-fat – 5% – or at least 2% fat Greek yogurt. It’s thicker and creamier, and has more flavor.)
- dijon mustard (Any kind should work – get your favorite brand!)
- apple cider vinegar
That’s it – just a handful of ingredients! You can also experiment with different seasonings, like garlic powder or chili flakes, if you want to get extra fancy. 🙂
How to Make Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, and stir until well-mixed. Feel free to add more honey if you like it sweeter, or more dijon if you prefer an extra savory dip.
Lastly, garnish with fresh herbs (like dill or parsley) if desired!
What to Serve This Homemade Sauce With
There are so many options for what to serve with this creamy honey mustard dip! Here are a few ideas:
- crispy baked chicken tenders (gluten free)
- raw or roasted vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, carrots, etc.)
- baked sweet potato fries or roasted potatoes
- crispy baked salmon bites
You can also spread it on a sandwich or wrap (it’s really good in my Turkey Bacon Wrap!), or you can drizzle it over roasted chicken, salmon, or pork!
How to Store Honey Mustard Sauce
Store homemade yogurt sauce in a glass jar or other airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Be sure to give it a good stir before you use it again, as there may be some separation.
I hope I have you inspired to try this dipping sauce with everything! Enjoy. 🙂
What’s your favorite dipping sauce? Let me know in the comments!
More healthy homemade sauces and dip recipes to try:
- Avocado Crema with Lime
- Savory Pumpkin Dip
- Dairy Free Mayo (Vegan)
- Easy Beetroot Hummus
- Spicy Queso Dip with Hummus
- Creamy Italian Dressing
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt (I like whole or 2% rather than non-fat)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
Storage Tips: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Stir before serving.