Hey guys! I wanted to breathe some new life into a recipe post for Paleo Pumpkin Muffins that I originally shared back in November 2012.
The recipe needed a little tweaking (another egg is now in the mix) and the original photos were terrible and needed an update. So: I’m re-introducing these delicious paleo pumpkin muffins to you in hopes that you enjoy them as much as we have.
I made a batch of these over the weekend and both Matt and one of our friends who was over gave them two thumbs up. They make an awesome, satisfying breakfast (hello, fiber and healthy fat!) or afternoon snack. I have one in my bag for later today – can’t wait to enjoy it. 🙂
These paleo pumpkin muffins are made with coconut flour and almond flour, making them nutty and flavorful while keeping them gluten-free as well. They’re moist and creamy – almost like a nutty pumpkin pie filling. I’d suggest storing them in the fridge so they last longer – just heat in the microwave about 20 seconds before eating for max deliciousness. You can also easily freeze them for later!
As always, this recipe is easy as can be – simply mix your dry and wet together in separate bowls, then combine and throw in muffin tins. You can make these into mini-muffins or regular muffins – whichever you prefer!
Here’s the full recipe – enjoy!
Want more pumpkin recipes? Check this post out: Healthy Pumpkin Recipes.
Want more muffins recipes? I have approximately a million on my recipe page – I went through a pretty serious muffin phase. 😉 Here are a few of my absolute favorites that I’ve come up with over the years:
- Carrot Cake Muffins (vegan)
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins
- Zesty Lemon Zucchini Muffins
- Spiced Butternut Squash Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (or Bread)
Looking for gluten free muffins or baked goods? Try these instead:
- Banana Nut Quinoa Muffins (vegan & gluten free)
- Scrambled Egg Muffins (use ground flaxseed instead of spelt flour)
- Nutty Protein Granola Bars (gluten free with GF certified oats)
- Peanut Butter Power Cookies (vegan, gluten free)
- Spiced Cherry Pecan Granola Bars (gluten free)
- Vegan & Gluten Free Granola Bars (vegan, gluten free)
What’s your favorite kind of muffin?