Not sure what to do with that broccoli in your freezer? Here’s how to roast frozen broccoli (straight from frozen, no defrosting necessary) for a perfect veggie side dish!
Frozen veggies last a lot longer than fresh produce. And don’t worry: they’re just as nutritious! Plus, roasting gets them much crispier and more delicious than steaming or microwaving – so this is the best way to go. 🙂
(See also: How to Love Veggies)
Broccoli is a great side dish, because it goes well with so many meals. You can put it in pasta, enjoy it as a side with baked/grilled protein, or even toss it in a salad.
How to Cook Frozen Broccoli
Roasting frozen broccoli is easy and requires very little prep work. And you don’t need to thaw the broccoli before you roast it! I know, mind blown, right?!
Here are the main steps:
- Spread the frozen broccoli on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper
- Toss with oil + seasoning (feel free to add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little heat!)
- Roast in the oven until slightly crispy
(You can find the full recipe at the end of this post.)
You can use pretty much any seasoning you have on hand. It all depends on what’ll go well with the rest of the meal you’re making!
Recipe Ideas for Broccoli
If you’re looking for a little inspiration, here are some of my favorite recipes to eat with roasted broccoli:
- “Cheesy” Vegan Mushroom Quinoa
- Saucy Chicken with Artichokes and Tomatoes
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Crustless Quiche with Veggies & Goat Cheese
- Almond Crusted Tilapia Recipe
You can even throw it in some cheesy soup for broccoli cheddar deliciousness!
For more veggie recipes, check out these posts for instructions + inspiration:
- How to Roast Frozen Veggies (+ Recipe Ideas!)
- Garlic Herb Roasted Veggies
- How to Cook Frozen Cauliflower
- 5 Ways to Encourage Infants to Eat More Vegetables
- How to Cook Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Maple Cinnamon Roasted Veggies
- How to Cook Frozen Asparagus
- Miso & Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
And now, here’s the full printable recipe/instructions for how to roast frozen broccoli. Enjoy!
- Frozen broccoli (do not thaw first!)
- Olive oil, as needed
- Desired seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread frozen broccoli in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Do not thaw first!
- Drizzle veggies lightly with oil, then sprinkle with desired seasonings. Toss to coat.
- Roast veggies for 20 minutes, until fully heated and browned around the edges.
- Optional: squeeze lemon juice over veggies for extra freshness!
What’s your favorite dish to make with broccoli? Let me know in the comments!