If you’ve ever wondered how to cook frozen brussels sprouts (or the best way to do it): I’ve got you covered!
Brussels sprouts are a great veggie side dish. They can be served on their own, with other roasted veggies, or in a warm brussels sprouts salad. I even wrote an entire post on how to make brussels sprouts delicious!
But did you know you can roast frozen brussels sprouts? It’s easy and so much tastier than steaming or microwaving them, because brussels sprouts (and all veggies) are best when they’re crispy and not soggy!
And if you’re curious: frozen veggies are just as nutritious as fresh ones… but they give you a lot more flexibility with your meal planning. 🙂
(See also: How to Love Veggies)
How to Cook Frozen Brussels Sprouts
To cook frozen brussels sprouts, I highly recommend roasting them! It brings out the flavor and crispiness in the best way. Plus, it’s super easy and barely requires any prep work. And you know I’m all about hands-off cooking!
Here are the main steps:
- Spread the frozen brussels sprouts on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper (don’t thaw them first!)
- Toss with oil + seasoning (feel free to add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little heat)
- Roast in the oven until crispy
You can find the full recipe at the end of this post. But feel free to experiment – most seasonings will go well here!
Recipe Ideas for Brussels Sprouts
One of my favorite brussels sprouts side dish recipes is my honey miso roasted brussels sprouts. Definitely give that one a try – you won’t regret it!
And if you’re looking for full meal inspiration, here are some of my favorite recipes to eat with roasted brussels sprouts:
- Salmon with Lemon Mustard Dill Sauce
- Gluten Free Chicken Fingers Recipe
- Mix & Match Pasta Recipes
- Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans
- Grilled Italian Sausage & Veggie Foil Packets
Here’s the full recipe/instructions for how to cook frozen brussels sprouts. Enjoy!
- How to Roast Frozen Vegetables (+ Recipe Ideas!)
- How to Roast Frozen Broccoli
- 5 Ways to Encourage Infants to Eat More Vegetables
- How to Cook Frozen Cauliflower
- How to Cook Frozen Asparagus
What’s your favorite way to make brussels sprouts? Let me know in the comments!