These are the dreamiest, creamiest peanut butter noodles you’ll ever eat!
Packed with peanut-buttery flavor, veggies, and optional BBQ chicken or tofu, there’s a reason this dish has been one of our go-to meals for family gatherings over the past decade. Everybody loves it!
I’m a big fan of this smooth and creamy peanut sauce. It pairs so well with the different flavors and textures of this dish. Believe me, you’ll want to try it!
Peanut Butter Pasta with Veggies
I was first introduced to a variation of this recipe by my sister-in-law Morgana – she and my brother-in-law Drew always make this dish for us (with the grilled BBQ chicken addition) when we are all together as a family, and it’s a big crowd favorite.
After years of enjoying it when we see them I decided to ask her for the recipe so all of you could enjoy it, too!
These peanut butter noodles are super tasty on their own with veggies, but you can also serve them with BBQ grilled tofu or chicken (like the picture below). Top with some scallions and crunchy peanuts for even more flavor!
This makes amazing leftovers, too! Be sure to make a big batch so you have some left for lunch. 🙂
To make these peanut butter noodles, you’ll need:
- natural creamy peanut butter
- low sodium soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- sesame oil
- snow peas
- pasta (I recommend spaghetti or linguini. Soba noodles, ramen, or rice noodles would also work!)
Like I mentioned before, this is great topped with grilled tofu or chicken! You can either cook the protein on the stovetop or break out the grill if the weather is nice.
How to Make Noodles with Peanut Sauce
Now, let’s talk about how to make these heavenly noodles!
Start by cooking the pasta based on the package instructions. Drain and set aside for later. (Or, you can use leftover pasta if you have it.)
Next, boil some water. (You’ll need this later to cook the veggies and for adding to the peanut sauce).
While waiting, start making the sauce.
Whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Next, pour in some hot water (exact amounts are listed in the recipe card at the end of this post), and whisk until smooth. Stir in garlic and scallions and set aside.
Then, add the carrots to the boiling pot of water and cook for 1 minute. Next, add the broccoli and cook for another minute, then add the snow peas and cook for 2 minutes.
Drain the water, leaving the veggies in the pot, then add the sauce and pasta to the pot. (The heat should still be on at this point).
Stir everything together until heated and coated in sauce.
Lastly, top with chicken or tofu (if desired), additional scallions and toasted peanuts for garnish, and dig in!
If you like it spicy, you can also sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top!
You’ll find the full peanut butter noodles recipe at the end of this post. I hope you love it as much as we do!
What’s a dish your family always makes when together? Let me know in this comments!
Looking for more tasty Asian-inspired or pasta recipes? Check these out:
- Sheet Pan Asian Salmon with Veggies
- Tomato Garlic Pasta with Ground Turkey
- Healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Sage Butter Pasta with Chicken Sausage
- Peanut Sauce Stir Fry with Shrimp
- Baked Sesame Tofu with Veggies
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
For the pasta and veggies:
- 2 large carrots, cut into thin strips or rounds, or grated
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups snow peas (one 8-oz package)
- 1 lb spaghetti or linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions
- *optional: BBQ chicken or tofu and additional scallions and toasted peanuts for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Remove from heat, drain, cover, and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil for the veggies and to use as the hot water in the sauce.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Add 2/3 cup of the hot water and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Stir the garlic and scallions into the sauce and set aside.
- Add the carrots to the remaining boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Add the broccoli and cook for 1 more minute, then add the snow peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove. Drain the veggies and return them to the pot with the sauce and pasta.
- Stir the sauce, pasta, and veggies together until everything is heated through and coated in sauce.
- Optional: top with BBQ chicken or tofu (tofu instructions below in notes section - for BBQ chicken follow any basic grilled BBQ chicken recipe). Garnish with additional scallions and chopped peanuts, if desired.