Hi friends! Matt and I are making our way home from Pittsburgh later today – we decided to skip the major traffic and stay one extra night. We’re working from his parent’s house until this afternoon when we’ll push off and take turns finishing work in the car!
I did a little work this morning, then treated myself to mid-morning yoga class at Salt Power Yoga, a cool spot in Sewickley (the town outside Pittsburgh where Matt’s parents live) that I discovered this weekend and enjoyed on Saturday, too. So happy to have found this place – they offer heated vinyasa flow classes that remind me a little of CorePower Yoga, except friendlier and local. 🙂 They even offer free mats AND free yoga towels (<—my fave one, which they had!) for use during class. Winning!
Post-sweaty yoga class juice at Salud Juicery? Don’t mind if I do. This place is awesome, too, and right down the street in downtown Sewickley. I got a juice with spinach, kale, lemon, apple, cucumber, beet, carrot, and ginger – plus a smoothie for Matt, back at the house. 🙂
In other fitness news, yesterday Matt and I got in a good run! It was cold and overcast, which I love for running. Refreshing!
The roads were totally empty and we did a nice big (hilly, oof) loop. It felt very peaceful – we had the trees all to ourselves, with the exception of a few deer. 🙂
I was feeling pretty sluggish on our run on Thanksgiving day and felt much better on this one, which was nice. Felt good to get moving after so much delicious food and relaxing! 6 miles, done.
We ended our run in town and treated ourselves to lattes at a cute new spot called Adesso Café, right off the main street in Sewickley. They just opened 2 weeks ago and serve organic and fair trade coffee/espresso – sweet! We shared a biscotti, too – delicious and tasted very fresh/homemade.
Post-run lunch with Matt’s parents was a leftover Thanksgiving turkey soup! Hit the spot. I love turkey soup. 🙂
And now, lest you worry it’s been all workouts and healthy eats up in here, check out our Saturday night feast! Matt’s brother Chris and his wife Jess were still in town and Matt and his Dad made use of the leftover turkey fry oil and made us homemade chicken wings, sweet potato fries, and potato chips!
It was delicious, as you can imagine, although Matt put the BBQ wings in the same bowl as the extra spicy wings and my mouth was on FIRE! Worth it. 🙂
Last night, our crew was down to just me, Matt, and his parents. On the menu: kabobs!
Plus a quinoa/brown rice mix, some roasted veggies, and an unpictured side salad. Yum!
Time to get back to work before having a little lunch and then hitting the road!
Have a great day, my friends! I’ll leave you with some Cyber Monday deals (FYI: some affiliate links included) if you’re looking to do some online shopping today. 🙂
Cyber Monday Deals
- Athleta: 20% Off with code WORKIT. I’m obsessed with these Athleta leggings – sooo cute! Might have to do it… 🙂
- Harry & David (best pears ever – our holiday season is not complete without them!): Cyber Monday – Pears for only $19.99
- Banana Republic – 40% off everything with code BESTCYBER.
- JCrew: 40% off with code MONDAY. I am obsessed with these shirts from JCrew – good excuse to pick up another color! Also, eyeing this vest that I saw in the store last weekend… hmmmm… might put that one on the Christmas list. 🙂
- Leesa (awesome luxury mattresses delivered right to your door, at a fraction of the cost of other brands): $75 off and a $50 Target gift card with your purchase.
- Local DC peeps: Pacers is offering a season pass deal to run four of their 2016 road races
- Any other good deals I should know about?
- What was your best/most creative use of Thanksgiving leftovers this year?