Hi friends! I’m back after a nice, long relaxing holiday weekend! It went by too quickly – don’t they always? Matt and I stayed in DC for Thanksgiving this year to spend the holiday with my family, and my brother came into town for the festivities as well.
On Thanksgiving day, after our 5 mile turkey trot, we all got down to some serious cookin’!
We had all sorts of fun From the Farmer produce to use! Matt and I handled the roasted brussels sprouts, carrots, and beets. For the brussels sprouts, we coated them in a little olive oil with salt and pepper.
And I coated the beets and carrots in olive oil, a little maple syrup, and salt!
My brother did a mashed potato/turnip/parsnip mix that came out really well. Tasted like normal mashed potatoes!
The boys getting down to work:
I also contributed my homemade cranberry sauce:
And my mom was in charge of the turkey. She brined it beforehand using a Williams Sonoma brining kit and it came out amazing – so moist and flavorful.
Here’s my plate! I went back for seconds on the turkey and mashed potatoes/turnips/parsnips combo. Delicious!
We finished the evening off with pie and ice cream. Don’t mind if I do!
For my American readers, how was your Thanksgiving?
I’ll leave you with some Cyber Monday Deals worth noting. (Some affiliate links are included, just fyi.)
- Macys.com: Get an extra 15% off + free shipping over $50 with code CYBER. I have this coat on my Christmas list!
- Banana Republic (and GAP/Old Navy): 40% off with code CYBER. Their clothes are my favorite. 🙂 I hit up BR on Friday and bought a TON of Christmas gifts… and treated myself to this sweater (I loved the back)! Also currently eyeing this and this.
- Rent the Runway: $40 off orders over $100 with code CM4014 – this would be awesome if you have a holiday party coming up you need a dress for! I wish I had something to go to because I would totally get this dress. Or maybe this one if I wanted to go more sophisticated!
- Brooks running – spend $100, get an awesome long sleeved holiday “sweater” tech tee – SO cute!
- Reebok.com – 40% off with code HOLIDAY. This tee is my favorite – I have it in like 4 colors. And I might buy myself this tank – sadly they are sold out of the same print in the t-shirt! For shoes, you can’t go wrong with the Nanos for CrossFit.
- ZOOMA race series – 15% off any of the 2015 races with code CYBER
- For local DC area runner peeps: use the code GLBCYBER to take 20% off any Pacers Running 2015 race registration and receive $15 to use towards any in stock gear in store or online (min. $30 purchase). I’m eyeing the GW Parkway Classic 10 miler – I’ve always wanted to do that and then forget about it! Have any of you done it before?
p.s. Have leftover whole cranberries to use up? Try my old fave Fresh Cranberry and Walnut Pumpkin Bread recipe!
Or if you have leftover cranberry sauce to use (like I do!), try my Spiced Cranberry Compote Oatmeal – just use the cranberry sauce as the compote vs. making a new compote! And if you missed it, check out my Leftover Turkey and Wheat Berry Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette recipe that was posted on Friday. It would be great with beans or another meat instead of turkey, too!