These bars are delicious, nutritious, and perfect for easy grabbing and go-ing. Try them as a pre-workout snack or quick breakfast! Who said vegan baked goods aren’t tasty?!
Almond Butter Banana Breakfast Bars (vegan)
(makes 10-12 bars)
- 1 C spelt flour (see this post for more info on spelt)
- 1 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 C finely ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 C pure maple syrup
- 1/4 C smooth almond butter
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
Preheat oven to 350.
1) In two separate bowls, mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients, then combine, adding wet to dry and stirring gently until mixed.
2) Pour mixture into a pan and pat it down evenly. (If you’ve learned anything from my blog, I hope it’s that you should always top baked goods with raw oats to make them look pretty )
3) Pop into the oven and bake for about 25 or so minutes. Fork check to make sure they are done.
And voila! So easy
Per bar if cut into 10 bars: 206.7 calories, 6.6 grams fat, 0 grams cholesterol, 187.7 grams sodium, 33.6 grams carbs, 14 grams sugars, 5.6 grams fiber, 3.6 grams protein
Per bar if cut into 12 bars: 172.2 calories, 5.5 grams fat, 0 grams cholesterol, 156.4 grams sodium, 28.03 grams carbs, 11.6 grams sugars, 4.7 grams fiber, 3 grams protein