These Cranberry Yogurt Scones are incredible! Moist and not too sweet. I was served these scones with breakfast while staying at the Tabor House Inn in Vermont. They were so good I asked the inn’s owner, Jennifer Bright, for the recipe! If you want to impress breakfast guests — make these. I promise no one will be disappointed :)
Cranberry Yogurt Scones
(makes 8 scones)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tbsp. cold butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or dried cherries)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
Preheat oven to 425.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the butter, slice by slice, mixing as you go.
- Stir in the dried fruit and the yogurt.
- Form dough into a ball, place on a greased/cooking sprayed baking sheet and pat down into a circle about 1/2 to 1/4 inches thick.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cut into 8 segments.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes or until edges are slightly crisp and the top is lightly browned.
For more details about my stay at the Tabor House Inn, check out this post.