This delicious Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Banana Bread is 100% whole wheat, low sugar, made without oil or butter, and full of all sorts of nutritious and delicious ingredients.
- 1 & 1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour (NOT regular WW flour — too dense)
- 3/4 C oats
- 1/3 C brown sugar (or 1/2 C if you like your bread sweeter)
- 1/4 C finely ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 & 1/4 C milk
- 1/3 C creamy peanut butter (I used salted)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350.
In two separate bowls, mix dry, then wet, and then combine, adding wet to dry and stirring gently until the mixture is uniform-ish.
Pour mixture into a non-stick or cooking sprayed bread/loaf pan (mine is 9×5) and sprinkle oats on top to make it look pretty.
Bake 1 hour — do a fork check near the end to test done-ness. Enjoy!