These cranberry yogurt scones are incredible! Moist and not too sweet.
I was served these scones with breakfast while staying at the Tabor House Inn in Vermont. They were so good I asked the inn’s owner, Jennifer Bright, for the recipe!
If you want to impress breakfast guests — make these. I promise no one will be disappointed. 🙂
Moist Cranberry Scones with Yogurt
To me, scones feel ultra fancy. They remind me of an English afternoon tea with real tea cups and little jars of homemade jam. Fortunately, while these scones do look fancy, they’re actually really easy to make!
Bake a batch to enjoy for an on-the-go breakfast, or serve them with a dollop of vanilla yogurt or jam for weekend brunch. They go great with tea or coffee!
They’re moist (thanks to the yogurt), flavorful, and studded with cranberries. The combination of sweet and tart from the cranberries is pure bliss.
Cranberry Yogurt Scone Ingredients
To make these scones, you’ll need:
- baking powder
- baking soda
- dried cranberries (dried cherries would be delicious, too!)
- plain yogurt
If you want to add a little crunch, toss in some chopped pecans or walnuts!
How to Make Scones with Yogurt
Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F. Next, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slice the cold butter into tiny pieces and add to the dry mixture, stirring as you go. Add in the dried cranberries and yogurt, and stir to combine.
Then, on a greased baking sheet, use your hands to form all of the dough into a flat circle (about 1/2 to 1/4 inches thick). Sprinkle with sugar and slice into 8 equal segments.
Lastly, bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are slightly crisp and the top is light brown. Then, they’re ready to eat!
These scones are best enjoyed warm, but they can also be stored wrapped in foil or in an airtight bag on the counter for up to 2 days.
You’ll find the full cranberry yogurt scones recipe at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
If you make these, tag me @fANNEtasticfood on social media and let me know how you like them. Or, simply leave a comment on this blog post!
Looking for more tasty baking inspiration? Check out these recipes:
- Vegan Strawberry Scones
- Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins Recipe
- Pear Ginger Honey Muffins Recipe
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Peanut Butter
- Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread Recipe
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (or Bread)
- Healthy Rhubarb Strawberry Bread Recipe
- Spiced Butternut Squash Muffins
- Dairy & Gluten-free Peach Muffin Recipe
- Zesty Lemon Zucchini Muffins
For more details about my stay at the Tabor House Inn, check out this post.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tbsp. cold butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or dried cherries)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
Preheat oven to 425.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the butter, slice by slice, mixing as you go.
- Stir in the dried fruit and the yogurt.
- Form dough into a ball, place on a greased/cooking sprayed baking sheet and pat down into a circle about 1/2 to 1/4 inches thick.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cut into 8 segments.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes or until edges are slightly crisp and the top is lightly browned.