This easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe with Thai Peanut Sauce makes a great quick dinner. It’s healthy, refreshing, and bursting with unique flavors.
It’s the ideal weeknight dinner when you don’t have a lot of time on your hands, and it’s super healthy, too!
Want more lettuce wrap recipe ideas? Check out my Healthy Lettuce Wrap Recipes post!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe with Thai Peanut Sauce
Not only is this an easy weeknight dinner, it’s also a great way to mix things up. Peanut sauce is such an easy way to add tons of flavor to lettuce wraps!
It’s just 6 ingredients (including water), and all you have to do is whisk them together in a bowl for the perfect creamy sauce. Voila!
The carrots add a nice crunch to the meal, and the cilantro adds an additional pop of flavor.
How to make this chicken lettuce wraps recipe even quicker
To speed things up even more, you can make a batch of peanut sauce in advance and keep it on hand. (It also makes a perfect sauce for salads, spring rolls, noodles, and more). Homemade peanut sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Additionally, if you use precooked rotisserie chicken for this recipe, you don’t even have to do any cooking when you get home from work. Just assemble everything into lettuce wraps and you’re good to go!
There you have it: a crunchy, refreshing dinner (with a little bit of heat!) you can eat with your hands. 🙂 Feel free to add more sriracha if you like it extra spicy!
Love these quick & easy dinner ideas? Check out more of my favorite fast dinner recipes:
- Pesto Baked Salmon with Veggies
- Easy Coconut Curry
- Saucy Tomato & Artichoke Chicken
- Sheet Pan Asian Salmon with Veggies
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce
- 2 cups cooked, pulled rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- fresh cilantro, green onions, and lime slices
- Stir the peanut sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth. If the peanut butter seizes up, slowly add in more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is creamy. Set aside.
- Place the chicken and shredded carrots in lettuce cups. Drizzle with the peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro, green onions, and lime.