These easy shredded chicken lettuce wraps with peanut sauce make a great quick dinner! They’re healthy, refreshing, and bursting with unique flavors.
It’s the ideal weeknight dinner when you don’t have a lot of time on your hands. It calls for pre-cooked chicken, so really all you have to do is whip up the peanut sauce and assemble the lettuce wraps. Easy peasy!
Want more lettuce wrap recipe ideas? Check out my Healthy Lettuce Wrap Recipes post!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce
Not only is this an easy weeknight dinner, it’s also a great way to mix things up. It’s a perfect option if you already have pre-cooked chicken on hand (but I’ll include an option for what to do if you don’t later in the post!).
As for the lettuce wraps themselves, all you need is:
- bibb or butter lettuce (these types of lettuce are ideal for holding in the filling)
- cooked shredded chicken
- shredded carrots (and any additional veggies you want. Cabbage would be delish!)
- desired toppings (cilantro, green onion, lime slices, peanuts, etc.)
And now, the star of the show: the peanut sauce! Peanut sauce is such an easy way to add tons of flavor to lettuce wraps. It’s just 6 ingredients:
- creamy peanut butter
- low sodium soy sauce
- lime juice
- fresh ginger
- sriracha (for a hint of spice – you can add more if you prefer it extra spicy!)
All you have to do is whisk them together in a bowl for the perfect creamy sauce. Voila!
The carrots add a nice crunch to the meal, and the cilantro adds an additional pop of flavor.
Want more peanut-buttery goodness? Try these creamy peanut butter noodles!
How to make these chicken lettuce wraps even quicker
To speed things up even more, you can make a batch of peanut sauce in advance and keep it on hand. (It also makes a perfect sauce for salads, spring rolls, noodles, and more). Homemade peanut sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Don’t have shredded chicken?
If you don’t have cooked rotisserie chicken on hand, you can easily cook frozen chicken breasts in an Instant Pot! It only takes about 15 minutes, and you’ll have plenty of chicken prepped for the week.
Additionally, these lettuce wraps would be amazing with basically any protein! Shrimp, tofu, or ground turkey would all be great. Anything you use will take on the peanut-buttery flavor of the sauce, so you really can’t go wrong. 🙂
There you have it: a crunchy, refreshing dinner (with a little bit of heat!) you can eat with your hands. 🙂 Feel free to add more sriracha if you like it extra spicy!
You’ll find the full shredded chicken lettuce wraps recipe (including how to make the peanut sauce) at the bottom of this post.
Love these quick & easy dinner ideas? Check out more of my favorite fast dinner recipes:
- Pesto Baked Salmon with Veggies
- Easy Coconut Curry
- Saucy Tomato & Artichoke Chicken
- Healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Peanut Sauce Stir Fry with Shrimp
- Sheet Pan Asian Salmon with Veggies
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Feta
- Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Sriracha Sauce
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce
- 2 cups cooked, pulled rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- fresh cilantro, green onions, and lime slices
- Stir the peanut sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth. If the peanut butter seizes up, slowly add in more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is creamy. Set aside.
- Place the chicken and shredded carrots in lettuce cups. Drizzle with the peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro, green onions, and lime.