This healthy recipe for Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal tastes just like pumpkin pie! Hard to believe there’s no added sugar — just some very ripe banana and flavorful spices. Please try this recipe, you won’t regret it. Perfect for fall mornings!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
makes 1 serving
- 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 2 hefty shakes cinnamon
- 1/4 C pureed canned pumpkin
- 1 small shake ground cloves
- 1 small shake ground nutmeg
- Handful frozen wild blueberries (optional)
1) Put the oats, milk, sliced banana, and cinnamon into a small pot on the stove. (This will also work in the microwave — simply combine all the recipe ingredients in a microwave safe bowl (I recommend mashed banana instead of sliced for the microwave version) and cook on high for 2 minutes!)
2) Stir continuously over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture gets thick and creamy (and starts slightly bubbling). Stir in the frozen blueberries now, if you like.
3) Turn down heat to medium low and add in the canned pumpkin and a small shake each of ground cloves and ground nutmeg. These two spices make this recipe — don’t skip them!
4) Serve hot and enjoy!