Hello, my friends! I have a treat for you today, and just in time for Easter brunch (and Mother’s Day brunch!), too – a recipe for Vegan Strawberry Scones. Aren’t they pretty?
There’s nothing quite like a freshly baked scone, in my opinion, and these do not disappoint.
Since tis the season for strawberries, it only made sense to add a pop of color and flavor in the form of my favorite red fruit. So obsessed with berries right now!
These scones were kept vegan thanks to Almond Breeze almond coconut milk in place of regular milk and coconut oil in place of butter. I also amped up the nutrition with whole wheat pastry flour (softer and less dense than regular whole wheat flour) instead of white flour. You won’t notice the difference, I promise.
See below for the recipe! It’s easy as can be.
Vegan Strawberry Scones
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Impress your guests with these delicious whole grain, vegan strawberry scones! Easy to make and beautiful, too.6062392
Ingredients (makes 8 scones)
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour, plus more for surface
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Almond Breeze almond coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (optional: extra Almond Breeze and raw sugar for topping)
InstructionsPreheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut the coconut oil in with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Stir in Almond Breeze and vanilla, mixing until just combined & all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Place dough onto a floured surface and pat into about a 9 inch circle. Cut the dough into 8 wedges.
- Transfer the wedges to a greased or nonstick baking sheet, brush with extra almond milk and sprinkle with raw sugar if desired.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.Powered by Recipage
Thank you to Almond Breeze for sponsoring this post!
Previous Almond Breeze sponsored recipe creations:
- Healthy Shamrock Shake
- Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread
- Spiced Cherry Pecan Granola Bars
- Banana Nut Quinoa Muffins