Hello, my friends!
You know what’s crazy? A couple days ago, Matt and I were sitting outside on our porch in shorts and t-shirts, enjoying tomato, basil & mozzarella salads.
And then apparently there were snow flurries last night, and when I woke up this morning my phone said it was 30 “feels like 13” outside. What the heck?! Mother nature, you need to make up your mind.
I had an early AnneTheRD client meeting this morning so I was up bright and early for CrossFit at 6 a.m. – glad to be working out indoors on such a chilly morning! It was a great class – our WOD involved power cleans, push presses, and front squats! I need to work on my wrist mobility – they were killing me in the front squats. So tight!
When I got home, I enjoyed my fave cold weather (and normal weather, let’s be honest) breakfast: Perfect Microwave Banana Oatmeal + cottage cheese + wild blueberries + slivered almonds. Obsessed.
On the dinner front, last night was Matt’s turn for our weekly cooking challenge! He decided to make Chicken Marsala – yum!
He said he used a mixture of online recipes and got creative. Whatever he did, it worked! It came out delicious. Gold sticky star for him! And we have leftovers for tonight – total win.
Wish my photography had done it justice, but here it is served with some roasted broccoli and garlic bread on the side.
I <3 mushrooms – and they are nutritional superstars, too! Did you know that mushrooms are:
- A good source of B vitamins (riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid), which are needed to assist in energy metabolism reactions in the body.
- High in selenium, which works as an antioxidant to protect cells from damage.
- High in copper, which helps make red blood cells to carry oxygen through the body.
- High in potassium, which aids in fluid and mineral balance, nerve/muscle function, and helps control blood pressure.
Eat up! What’s your favorite mushroom recipe? Here are a couple of mine:
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms (easy vegetarian dinner)
- Baked Stuffed Baby Bella Mushrooms (great party appetizer)
- “Cheesy” Vegan Mushroom Quinoa
- Saucy Tomato & Artichoke Chicken (one of my fave super quick dinners)
- Easy Lentil Veggie Burgers
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas (one of Matt’s favorites)
Have a wonderful day and stay tuned tomorrow for new recipe post – it’s one you won’t want to miss. 🙂