As always with my muffins recipes, these spiced butternut squash muffins come with no sugar coma! And they’re whole wheat to boot! (Be sure to use whole wheat PASTRY flour vs. regular whole wheat flour — huge difference!)
(makes 12 muffins)
- 1.5 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 C cane sugar
- 1/3 C finely ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 C pureed butternut squash (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 C raisins (or chocolate chips, or other dried or fresh chopped fruit)
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 2 small very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350.
1) In two separate bowls, mix dry, then wet, and then combine, adding wet to dry and stirring gently until the mixture is uniform-ish.
2) Spoon the mixture into a non-stick (or sprayed with PAM) muffin tray. Don’t forget to sprinkle some raw oats on top to make ‘em look pretty!
3) Pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes. Fork check to make sure they are done.