Morning friends. 🙂
The end of my week finished out well — starting with a great run yesterday morning!
Seriously — if you have problems getting up for an early run, find a running buddy. (Meetup.com is a great place to find running groups, as are local running stores!). There is NO way I would get up at 6 a.m. and run 4 and a half miles in the dark by myself. But when a friend is involved, it becomes a fun social outing. 🙂 Don’t get me wrong — I still question my sanity every morning when my alarm goes off, but having someone to meet means I have no choice but to get out of bed, and by the time I’m out the door and my feet hit the pavement, I’m excited for the undivided time to catch up with a friend. My Thursday morning runs with Elle have become a favorite time of the week. 🙂
We did our standard hilly loop — 4.4 miles in 39:19 — average pace of 8:57. Not too shabby with the hills! Plus, we both had gotten in some serious workouts this week and ours legs were TIRED!
Here’s what I did workout-wise this week:
- Monday: evening Spartacus workout with Matt + 25 minutes on elliptical
- Tuesday: early morning track workout
- Wednesday: morning Pure Barre class (only 1 more class left in the deal I purchased!) + 1 hour walk with Lindsey
- Thursday: early morning 4.4 mile run
Whew! Today is definitely a rest day. 🙂
Class yesterday afternoon was really interesting — we actually had an interdisciplinary session with the physical therapy, occupational therapy, and pharmacy schools — students from each school were paired together and we all worked on a clinical case study together. My group included myself and another nutrition student, one pharmacy student, two occupational therapy students, and three physical therapy students. It was actually really cool and exciting to simulate a more real world situation rather than just working only with my fellow nutrition students. We all learned a lot from each other — the only ones we were missing were the med students!
Anyway! I’m off to airport this morning to fly north for a fun adventure — stay tuned. 🙂 As for now — here are 8 healthy dinner ideas for this weekend. Enjoy!
- orrrr Healthy Chicken Enchiladas (gluten free and made with yogurt!)
- Almond Encrusted Tilapia — one of my very favorites (try it topped with Black Bean Olive Salsa — delicious!)
- Seared Scallops with White Beans and Spinach (sounds fancy but it’s super easy)
- Turkey, Veggie & Barley Chili (perfect for wintery weather)
- Easy Lentil Veggie Burgers (vegan)
- Mexican Brown Rice Casserole (vegetarian)