Hey guys – happy Cinco de Mayo! Matt and I got in the spirit earlier this week with some Sun Basket (<- affiliate link for 3 free meals) shrimp tostadas. 🙂 (It was dark outside by the time we ate, hence the crummy lighting!)
If you’re looking for some fun Mexican-inspired food today, here are some recipes on my blog you might enjoy!
- Quinoa Taco Salad (gluten free, vegan if you omit cheese)
- Mexican Black Bean Spinach Burgers (vegan) <- super old recipe but still yummy!
- Mexican Barley Salad (vegan, gluten free if using rice/quinoa)
- Creamy Mexican Chicken Chili Soup (gluten free)
- Mexican-Style Sweet Potato Fries (vegan, gluten free)
- Mexican Lasagna (vegetarian if you leave out the chicken; gluten free if using corn tortillas)
- Mexican Brown Rice Casserole (gluten free)
- Mexican Chicken Casserole (gluten free)
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas (vegan if omit cheese)
- Walnut and Mushroom Vegetarian Enchiladas (vegan if omit cheese)
Wow… apparently I have a TON of Mexican-inspired recipes on the blog! Let me know if you try any. 🙂
As for fitness this week, I’ve been mixing it up as usual! On Monday, I met my friend Lisa for a lunchtime power yoga class at Mind the Mat in Clarendon. We went there together for the first time last week, and they had a $40 for 4 classes newcomer special that I signed up for, so I have two more to use up. It’s a pretty studio (although I don’t love the mirrors – I find them distracting during yoga classes) and the power yoga class is good – challenging! I wish they were on ClassPass, but I’m sure I’ll continue to pop in on occasion since it’s close by and has convenient timing. 🙂
Tuesday was a nice rest day with some casual walks, and then you guys already know I had a fun morning run date (complete with baby ducks) on Wednesday!
As for yesterday, I hit up Definitions in Georgetown via ClassPass (<- affiliate link for $30 off) with Chelsea, her fiance Fabio, and Kathleen. We had a great time as always – love their boot camp classes! I didn’t get any action shots but I did take a post-class photo of my shirt – my cousin Spencer and his wife Michelle gifted it to me when they were here last weekend visiting from San Diego! 🙂 I love it – thanks guys!
I grabbed a post-workout breakfast with Kathleen and our friend Karen at Le Pain Quotidien before heading to my co-working space – their broccoli and cheddar quiche (plus an unpictured piece of bread and jam, and an iced whole milk latte) hit the spot!
As for today, it’s been pouring rain all morning and I’m feeling thankful I have the option to work from home! I’m thinking of hitting a yoga class mid-day as a nice break – we’ll see how the workday goes. 🙂
We’re sticking around town this weekend and looking forward to some relaxing and socializing. Have a good one, my friends!
Link love from around the web:
- Why All Future (and current) Dietitians Need to Understand the Downsides of Dieting – awesome post written by a dietetic intern. Hear, hear!
- Seriously, Though: Take a Lunch Break – I guest posted earlier this week over on fellow dietitian Robyn’s blog about the importance of a lunch break for mindful eating and managing stress levels!
- 2017 Barkley Strategy, Gear, and Nutrition – My friend John, who finished the 100+ mile Barkley Marathons last month, shares more about the gear, food, and racing strategy that got him through nearly 60 straight hours of running in the mountains. So honored he called my Salty Maple Nut Energy Bites his secret weapon! 🙂
- Prickly Pear Margarita – Perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
- Cilantro Lime Rice and Beans – Yummy easy side dish!
- Lemon Coconut Protein Balls – I love anything lemon… mmm
- Avocado Pesto Recipe – This is making me crave a chilled spring pasta salad!