These peanut butter power cookies are delicious but so packed with nutrition that they are healthy enough to eat as your breakfast or morning/afternoon snack. In fact, I encourage it!
Sweetened only with maple syrup, gluten free (with GF certified oats) and vegan, these cookies are peanut buttery and sweet without being too sweet, if you know what I mean. And the texture is cookie-like, not cakey like a lot of healthy cookies, despite the addition of healthy fat from ground flaxseed.
They are easy to throw together, too. Simply mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet in another…
Then simply place on a cookie sheet and bake! 12 to 15 minutes later and you will have some serious tastiness.
Here’s the full recipe. :)
Healthy Peanut Butter Power Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Keywords: bake snack gluten-free vegan cookie6069484
Ingredients (12 cookies)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (GF certified if needed)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats through raisins).
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (maple syrup through vanilla).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop the dough into 12 even mounds on a parchment paper/silicon mat-lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until the cookies are just set in the center.Powered by Recipage
Love this recipe? Here are a few similar healthy cookie recipes here on the blog that are perfect for breakfast/snacks, too:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free)
- Oatmeal Banana Coconut Cookies
- Oatmeal Banana Pumpkin Cookies (vegan)
And here are more baked goods for you to try: