These peanut butter power cookies are delicious but so packed with nutrition that they are healthy enough to eat as your breakfast or morning/afternoon snack. In fact, I encourage it!
Sweetened only with maple syrup, gluten free (with GF certified oats) and vegan, these cookies are peanut buttery and sweet without being too sweet, if you know what I mean. And the texture is cookie-like, not cakey like a lot of healthy cookies, despite the addition of healthy fat from ground flaxseed.
Here’s a video of how to make them, or follow along via the photos below! The full recipe is at the end of the post. :)
They are easy to throw together, too. Simply mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet in another…
Then simply place on a cookie sheet and bake! 12 to 15 minutes later and you will have some serious tastiness.
Here’s the full recipe. :)
Healthy Peanut Butter Power Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 12-15 minutesKeywords: bake snack gluten-free vegan cookie6069484
Ingredients (12 cookies)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (GF certified if needed)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats through raisins).
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (maple syrup through vanilla).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop the dough into 12 even mounds on a parchment paper/silicon mat-lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until the cookies are just set in the center.Powered by Recipage
Love this recipe? Here are a few similar healthy cookie recipes here on the blog that are perfect for breakfast/snacks, too:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free)
- Oatmeal Banana Coconut Cookies
- Oatmeal Banana Pumpkin Cookies (vegan)
And here are more baked goods for you to try: