You know what’s crazy? Today is my 5 year blogging anniversary. I can’t believe that I’ve been writing this blog nearly every day for the past 5 years! Thank you for reading and sharing in my adventures – I’m so happy that you’re here. 🙂
Just for fun, here’s a link to my very first post. Have any of you guys been reading my blog since the very beginning? It’s crazy how much I’ve done and how much has changed since starting this blog. It’s really fun to have a place to relive so many milestones and memories! Since that very first post in 2009, I…
Worked on prerequisites and applied to grad schools, was accepted to & decided to go to UNC for their Masters of Public Health in Nutrition program.
Ran my first half marathon in June 2010 (soon to be followed by a serious half marathon addiction) 🙂
Moved to North Carolina for grad school in August 2010. Fell in love with Chapel Hill and with these ladies. <3
Got engaged! – October 2011
Finished grad school coursework & moved back to DC with Matt in summer 2012 to do my dietetic internships.
Got married on October 13, 2012. <3
Graduated with my Masters of Public Health in Nutrition from UNC Chapel Hill in November 2012.
Passed the national exam to officially become a Registered Dietitian! – February 2013
Started my own nutrition counseling private practice (AnneTheRD.com). – February 2013.
It’s so cool to look back on all this stuff via my blog. Also, fun fact: this wasn’t my first blog! My first blog was actually a travel blog that I wrote once a week or so for friends and family while teaching English in Prague.
And now, in honor of the blogiversary, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite posts and recipes from over the years. Enjoy!
Most popular recipes:
- 5 Minute No Bake PB Granola Bars – #1 by far.
- Perfect Microwave Baked Oatmeal
- Nutty Protein Granola Bars
- Scrambled Egg Muffins
- Healthy Deviled Eggs
- Vegan & Gluten Free Granola Bars
- Flour Free & Protein Packed Breakfast Pancake
- Sweet Potato Lentil Chili
- Quinoa Salad with Pecans and Cranberries (recipe from our wedding!)
- Almond Butter Banana Breakfast Bars
- Mexican Lasagna
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins
Most popular helpful/”how to” posts:
- How to Make Oatmeal More Tasty, Filling and Satisfying
- How to Eat a Better Breakfast
- How to pack lunch in 5 minutes flat
- How to Make a Quick & Healthy Weeknight Dinner
- Healthy Snack Ideas for Busy People
- How to Make a Recipe Healthier
- How to Make Brussels Sprouts Delicious (my most Google-able post, apparently!)
- 4 Healthy, Quick, and Portable Breakfast Ideas
- How to Make Time for Health When You’re Busy
- A Full Three Days of Eats (Gasp!)
- One Small Change I Made To Improve My Health
- How to Eat Intuitively | A Guide to Mindful Eating
- 10 Immunity Boosting Foods for Cold & Flu Season
- Most inspirational/helpful fitness-related posts:
- How I Went From Hating Yoga… To Loving It
- Want to Become a Runner? This post is for you.
- How to Love Exercise (or at least not hate it)
- The Beauty of an Early Morning Run
- Why Running on the Morning of My Wedding was an Awesome Idea
- My 2nd half marathon training plan
- My 1st half marathon training plan
- 10 miler training plan
- Marathon training plan
- How to fix up a neglected bike
- How I overcame a knee injury (1st half marathon training reflections)
- Why You Should Throw Away Your Scale
- A Tale of Middle School Bullying
- My Favorite Books
- New Year’s Resolutions vs. Daily Action
- Here’s To Today – And What Will Follow (posted on our wedding day)
- My journey to blogging and why I love it
How and when did you first find my blog? What keeps you coming back? Again – thank you so much for reading, sharing comments and advice, and making this a happy and inspirational place for others to come to every day. I wouldn’t still be here without all of you. 🙂
p.s. Want to start your own blog? Check out my how to start a blog on WordPress post, and then see my tips for new bloggers! I also have tips for How to Get More Traffic and Keep Readers Engaged, and How to Work with Brands as a Blogger.